Nitecore D2 Intellicharger
The Nitecore D2 is a universal smart charger compatible with almost all cylindrical rechargeable batteries, thus eliminating the need to own several chargers.
1. Integrated LCD panel clearly displays charging parameters and progress.(Biggest difference with DigichargerI2)
2. Each of the 2 battery slots monitors and charges independently.(No this function on I2)
3. Capable of charging 2 batteries simultaneously.
4. Compatible with and identifies Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd rechargeable batteries.
5. Optimized charging design for IMR batteries.
6. Two conveniently located side buttons allow easy selection of specific battery types and charging parameters.
7. Intelligent circuitry detects the battery type and status before entering automatic charge mode (CC, CV, dV/dt).
8. Automatically detects battery power status and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode.
9. Automatically stops charging when complete.
10. Over-charge prevention & Temperature monitoring to protect batteries.
11. Reverse polarity protection.
For every installed battery, the D2 will activate the battery by charging it for six seconds at a low current.
If zero voltage is detected, all three yellow power indicators will blink quickly.
If activation fails the first time, please remove and reinstall the battery once again and activate for the second time.
Input: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.35A(MAX), DC 12V 1A
Output voltage: 4.2V ±1% / 3.7V ±1% / 1.48V ±1%
Output current: 375mA x 4 / 750mA x 2
Good charger, could use a few more features.
Posted by Jared on 24th Feb 2016
Overall it is a decent charger however I decided to ding it a star for lack of a few features I would have liked to have seen implemented. First, the max charging rate for each cell is 500ma. For high drain 18650 IMR batteries they could just as easily be charged at 1A saving a lot of time. Of course some smaller lithium cells need to be charged at a slower rate so the lack of a selectable constant current rate is a minus. The other feature I would have liked to have seen was the ability to measure total battery capacity and internal resistance to give a better idea of the general health of a cell. Lastly I would have liked the option to stop the charging cycle prematurely at 4.19 volts to help prolong the life of cells. Other than that no problems and would recommend to others who are needing a charger to purchase.