30 ft. spool
Kanthal A1 is a ferritic iron-chromium-aluminium alloy (FeCrAl alloy) rated for use at temperatures up to 1400°C (2550°F). The alloy has high resistivity and great oxidation resistance.
It is typically used in furnace applications, such as electrical heating elements in high-temperature furnaces for heat treatment, glass, steel, ceramics, and electronics industries. At present Kanthal A1 is the best coil material for e-cigs.
The factors that affect resistance are:
- Diameter: The thinner the wire (higher gauge number), the higher the resistance per foot. The thicker the wire (lower gauge number), the lower the resistance.
- Length: The longer the wire, the higher the overall resistance. The shorter the wire, the lower the overall resistance.
- Temperature: The more heat the wire generates, the more resistance it will create. Current: Determine the current (amperage) you need to heat your kanthal wire.
1. Higher max temperature in air
2. Higher surface load
3. Higher resistivity
4. Higher yield strength
5. 2-4 times longer life than Nichrome 6. Better oxidation properties
7. Lower density
8. Better resistance to sulfur
Unit: 1 set Material: Kanthal A1